olumbus coach Todd Richards said. "We hit a

Come here to talk about anything Waterfowl Hunting!

Moderator: goosebusters

olumbus coach Todd Richards said. "We hit a

Postby lw789 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 am

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant is back in practice with the Los Angeles Lakers, and even the five-time NBA champion gets a charge out of getting back to work. Bryant participated in his second full workout with the Lakers at their training complex on Tuesday. He still isnt sure when hell be back in uniform, but hes grateful to take the next step in his recovery from a torn Achilles tendon. "Its always a much greater appreciation for it," Bryant said, his forehead beaded with post-practice sweat. "You understand the mortality that comes with being on that doorstep. Theres always a sense of enjoyment when you come back. ... Put the jersey on, you walk out in practice, and felt like it was 97 again and I was getting my first start as a pro." Bryant isnt setting a return date, but acknowledged he could see himself returning to the Lakers later this month. Coach Mike DAntoni said Bryant will return whenever he says hes ready, although the Lakers next game against Golden State on Friday is very unlikely. The fourth-leading scorer in NBA history hasnt played since tearing his Achilles tendon in a game against Golden State in April. He did several weeks of conditioning work before returning to practice last Saturday for a brief workout. Bryant did drills and 5-on-5 play with the Lakers on Tuesday. He says hes "pleasantly surprised" by how good he felt afterward. "I just went out there and just played," Bryant said. "Just tried to do what I normally do and figure some things out about my game, what can I do and what cant I do at this stage. Just try to figure out the route." Bryant says he could adjust his game and contribute something to the Lakers right now, but he wants to make sure hes ready to play for the long haul when he returns for his 18th NBA season. "Its definitely something where youre kind of champing at the bit a little bit, but weve come so far," he said. "I want to make sure, we all do, when you step out there youre ready to go the long haul, and its not something that continues on. ... You just have to get stronger, but I could adjust my game and play at a pretty high level right now." Bryants self-evaluation isnt about praising his strengths, such as his better-than-expected upper-body strength, but finding his weaknesses. Hes also withholding judgment until he figures out how his body responds Wednesday morning. "Youve got to be honest with yourself, and if you have those limitations, then youve got to figure out a way to be effective around those," Bryant said. "You cant be stubborn about that. If there are certain things that I used to do that I cant do now. I wont try to do them. Ive got to figure out another way." Bryants teammates were uniformly impressed with his condition and mobility in his first workouts back from a serious injury. DAntoni allows Bryant and trainer Gary Vitti to plot the superstars comeback pace, and the coach didnt encourage his players to go easy on Bryant. "They had better beat him up while they can, because when he gets better, they wont be able to," DAntoni said. "Im sure theyll take their shots early. ... Hes going to be a little rusty. Hes going to make mistakes. But if he feels good, and when he feels like, You know what? I can do this, then thats what he should do, and hes the only one that can (say) that." During his recovery, Bryant has spent plenty of time with Steve Nash, the 39-year-old point guard currently sidelined with the latest in a series of injuries. Nash is out for at least another week with nerve root irritation, a back problem stemming from a broken leg last season. Bryant and Nash intend to be back in the Lakers lineup together soon. Los Angeles is off to a 5-7 start in Bryants absence and with little help from Nash. But Bryant is impressed by his younger teammates, particularly Jordan Hill. The energetic big man has been outstanding since joining the starting lineup four games ago, capped by his career highs of 24 points and 17 rebounds in a win over Detroit last Sunday. "Weve got a bunch of competitors," Bryant said. "Weve got a bunch of guys that can step up and compete. Thats the most important thing. Weve got guys that are willing to do whatever it takes to win. Ive been extremely proud of the way weve competed." Air Jordan 12 Wholesale . Rico dove horizontally to meet Andoni Iraolas precise long cross from the right to score his second league goal of the season in the 33rd minute. Two minutes later, Aritz Aduriz netted Bilbaos second when he raced forward and pounced on a poor clearance by Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio, sending a low shot rolling past goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo. Cheap Real Jordan 12 . -- Max Gilbert captured his first pro victory at the Tour Championship of Canada. http://www.airjordan12uk.com/. -- Cheyenne Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, shot a 2-under 69 on Tuesday to finish first in stroke-play qualifying at the Womens U. Cheap Jordan 12 Uk . James Erskine said Tuesday that Thorpe was "quite sick" in a Sydney hospital but dismissed media reports the swimmer might lose the use of his left arm. "Hes not in the intensive care," Erskine said. Jordan 12 For Sale Uk . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- After a forgettable weekend, Anton Khudobin helped the Carolina Hurricanes get a much-needed victory on Tuesday night. Khudobin made a career-high 46 saves and Andrei Loktionov and Patrick Dwyer each had a goal and an assist to send Carolina past the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1. Nathan Gerbe also scored, and Jay Harrison added two assists for the Hurricanes, who were criticized by coach Kirk Muller after weekend losses to Boston and Edmonton. "In the neutral zone we did a better job of getting speed and getting on the forecheck," Carolinas Jordan Staal said. Boone Jenner scored for Columbus, which outshot the Hurricanes 19-0 in the third period. Carolina jumped ahead at 3:41 on its first shot. Gerbe grabbed a loose puck that defenceman Fedor Tyutin couldnt handle and on an odd-man rush and scored his 15th of the season from the right circle. "When you score first its always important and gives you a little confidence," Khudobin said. "Im happy with the win. I would probably be more happy if I didnt get scored on with like a minute left. But we got the result, we won. Thats most important for me." The Hurricanes were close to a playoff spot on Feb. 7, but they entered the game having lost nine of 12 and are likely to miss the post-season again. The Blue Jackets are in a tight race in the Eastern Conference playoff race. They dropped a rare one at home where they are 10-3-1 in their past 14. "It seemed we had some pretty good quality chances," C[url]olumbus coach Todd Richards said. "We hit a[/url] couple posts (during the game). We had our opportunities. I think we were doing some things to create offence. We just werent able to finish." Sergei Bobrovsky allowed three goals on 20 shots.dddddddddddd. He was replaced by Curtis McElhinney to start the third period. Early in the second period, Loktionov poked home his fifth to make it 2-0 on the power play -- and Carolinas eighth shot -- with Jenner in the box for delay of game. Bobrovksy stopped Harrisons point shot -- that broke the stick of Columbus Derek MacKenzie propelling the blade into the slot -- but defenceman Jack Johnson couldnt stop Loktionov. "I think the second period we picked it up and basically we scored at the right time with timely goals," Muller said. Columbus had chances the rest of the period, but couldnt beat Khudobin, who made a nice stop on R.J. Umberger. The Blue Jackets took two more penalties in the period that tempered their momentum. Then with room down the right side, Dwyer scored his seventh at 17:20 on a slap shot from the right circle that beat Bobrovsky near side. In the third period, Khudobin turned aside one shot after another until Jenner scored his 13th on a redirection with 50 seconds left. "Its funny, weve been on the other end so many times this year outshooting teams and coming up short," Muller said. "Change it around tonight and your goalie wins the hockey game. I guess it balances it out." Notes: The 47 shots for Columbus were a season high. ...The Hurricanes last won in Columbus on March 8, 2004, a span of four games. ... Blue Jackets LW Blake Comeau knocked Hurricanes D Ryan Murphy from the game in the first period with a hit into the glass. It was Comeaus first game since a two-game suspension for boarding Red Wings defenceman Brendan Smith. ... Hurricanes C Elias Lindholm and D Justin Faulk fell ill and were late scratches. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Return to WATERFOWL